Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Assistant Store Manager, OperationsLocation: Atlanta, Georgia
You are our operational and inventory expert leading the store's operational processes and team. Under the direction of the Store Manager and in partnership with the Visual Merchant, set the stage for all store activities through an organized storeroom and accurate inventory. Both creative and strategic, you have a passion for logistics and energetic attitude to plan and communicate the overall operational vision to your team. With an interest in leading store operations, you're a master of efficiency, ensuring things run smoothly in the back of the store as well as the front. You lead, direct and delegate the flow of product from receiving to the sales floor. Mentorship is also key. You lead, educate and empower your team to deliver great service to their internal and external customer while encouraging professional development.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by coordinating and monitoring the workflow of all store associates.
- Assist the store manager in all aspects of their job and learn the responsibilities and functions of the position, while continuously striving toward the goal of becoming a store manager.
- Assume responsibilities of the store manager when required.
- Contribute to leadership responsibilities in the store as a member of the management team.
- Manage the business process on the sales floor and assist the store manager in maximizing sales floor coverage.
- Collaborate with all associates to create and maintain sales and service goals, and standards.
- Provide specific feedback about performance directly to associates, as well as share observations with the store manager.
- Actively contribute to the development and execution of the store vision and goals.
- Contribute to and assist in the implementation of the merchandising plan by meeting regularly with the store manager and visual merchandiser.
- Participate in seasonal floor planning and assist the visual merchandiser in the rollout of the merchandising plan.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of all displays and uprights/shelves and supervise associates in cleaning, stocking and signage assignments.
- Conduct and participate in the Monday morning walk-throughs.
- Maintain a strong, visible and positive presence in the store.
- Possess a complete understanding of all merchandise throughout the entire store.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and catalogues, and communicate all pertinent information to store associates.
- Manage all inventory levels and functions and coordinate all aspects of the bi-annual inventories.
- Assist the store manager with creating and maintaining the store budget, and achieve a thorough understanding of payroll and scheduling, as well as a strong awareness of controllable costs.
- Promote and drive sales through effective scheduling, associate training and development, customer service, inventory control and the management of design and displays.
- Analyze reporting and prepare information or explanation relating to or affecting sales, efficiencies, productivity and budgeting.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of store associates to encourage professional growth.
- Manage operational and personnel issues, being sensitive to issues that need to be addressed by the store manager.
- Train and develop all associates in all operations, selling and service skills, product knowledge and personal development using all training resources available.
- Manage the hiring process of associates, as directed by the store manager.
- Develop interviewing and performance appraisal skills.
- Effectively communicate and proactively problem solve.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the store management team regarding associate training needs, performance issues and the daily requests or concerns of associates.
- Conduct appropriate meetings and participate in planning and facilitating weekend meetings for all associates.
- Supervise, participate and assist in back of house meetings, as appropriate.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Previous retail management experience
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Basic math, interpersonal skills, telephone presence, data entry skills
- Organizational skills, problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Available to work some evenings and a weekend day
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37