Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Administrative AssistantLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant supports the overall operation of CB2 Headquarters, and is the primary administrator for the VP, Operations and Strategy. This role conducts research, prepares reports, handles requests for information, receives visitors, prepares travel schedules, and arranges meetings.
- Staff CB2 reception desk, serve as first point of contact for the CB2 Corporate office: manage email correspondence, screen telephone calls, and handle/ prioritize requests for information.
- Perform general administrative duties, including but not limited to, distribution of mail/emails, new hire/transfer/termination routing request forms, travel web-portal training, reporting, invoices, copying, faxing, mailing.
- Oversee building key card access, issue visitor badges, parking passes and maintain visitor log.
- Prioritize schedules, maintain calendars and develop a system of follow-up for projects, meetings and issues.
- Partner with CB2 HRBP and hiring managers to coordinate new hire starts and orientation at CB2.
- Arrange and coordinate details for meetings, conferences and special events, engagement activities.
- Arrange and coordinate logistics of travel plans, and prepare itineraries, manage expenses for VP Operations.
- Responsible for office supplies and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copy machines and fax machines.
- Handle a wide range of confidential information.
- Possess a complete understanding of applicable company systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of all loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by management or the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Crate and Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years previous administrative or office management experience
- Experience with general office equipment, including computer and printer, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), company email system, multi-line telephone, copier/scanner, fax machine, calculator
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail; Demonstrated ability to work within and handle multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate and partner with a broad range of personalities and roles
- Service-oriented and customer-focused (internal and external)
- Ability to maintain confidences and keen respect for privacy and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain composure and positivity in an entrepreneurial, rapidly-paced, dynamic work environment
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37