Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Allocation AnalystLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as an Allocation Analyst.
This position maximizes company sales growth and profitability through efficient and effective inventory allocation and analysis.
This is a hybrid position that works out of our Chicago, IL headquarters office.
A day in the life as an Allocation Analyst…
- Analyze seasonal inventory and facilitate the replenishment of merchandise by SKU
- Analyze store and regional Distribution Center inventory levels and effectively manage inventory allocation
- Analyze product flow and sales trends to accurately forecast future product needs
- Determine, review and maintain optimum stock levels at the Distribution Center and retail stores in a specific merchandise category
- Assist the Merchandise Planner throughout the planning process
- Compile and analyze product hierarchy and location data to identify and execute actions needed for effective inventory management
- Analyze and manage the distribution of seasonal and end of life core products to maximize sales and profitability
- Coordinate and distribute weekly business reporting
- Support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels implemented by the company
- Support the company’s mission and goals
- Analyze, monitor and report performance of inventory management relative to the Merchandising team’s total financial goals
- Manage regional inventory and initiate SKU inventory re-allocation for the Distribution Centers based on forecasted demand and weeks of supply analysis
- Proactively manage inventory allocation and distribution to minimize company backorders
- Monitor and manage all distribution exception reporting for planning area and resolve issues and recommend corrective action to the planner and senior planner of the impacted team
- Analyze sales performance and make recommendations for necessary adjustments, cancellations, or additions to purchase orders
- Pro-actively collaborate with vendors on shipping, delivery and production issues and relay unresolved issues to planner and/or product manager, where appropriate
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Detail oriented and problem solving skills, telephone presence, typing skills, data entry skills
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to make/support decisions
- Experience in utilizing reporting and inventory management tools to monitor in-stock levels
- Ability to summarize large sets of data and provide recaps to a variety of audiences
- Experience building effective relationships and communicating cross functionally
- Ability to learn new software and support the launch of new inventory management and merchandising systems
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 1 year previous Merchandising Assistant experience or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AS400 system,
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.cb2.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37