Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Area ManagerLocation: Chicago, Illinois
As an integral leader in a continuously evolving business, leads teams to grow top line revenue and deliver best in class customer service. Develops associates for future retail growth, works with business partners to execute company and brand initiatives, improves processes and standards, and drives profitability. Keeps abreast of area trends and financial performance to provide strategic support to the Director of Store Operations, CB2.
- Accountable for full store and area level P&L performance.
- Exceeds sales plan by driving KPIs, building passionate, high performing teams, and leading and motivating teams to success.
- Analyzes performance and creates performance improvement actions, gathers and communicates market data, provides feedback and recommendations for business development and adjustment to strategies, tactics, and resources as it relates to performance improvement within the market.
- Ensures CB2's sales and customer service standards and retail operations procedures are being adhered to at every location through frequent store visits as well as by leading, managing, and motivating a remote workforce.
- Guides implementation and management of training programs to optimize sales, to provide best in class customer service and to maximize operational efficiency.
- Creates succession plans by developing Store Managers and store mid-management to prepare them for Area/Store manager positions.
- Fosters an environment of accountability and high associate engagement while nurturing the CB2 brand's culture.
- Acts as a proactive and positive change agent by identifying gaps and opportunities to develop solutions and move each store forward, remaining aware of each store's unique strengths and challenges.
- Minimum of 3+ years of prior Retail Store Manager experience including strong single unit performance and some experience leading/managing multi-unit initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Travels up to 50% and ability to travel with little notice
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate store and area indicators and translate them into action to drive results
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Able to build collaborative and effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to build strong teams and be assertive in driving successful goal achievement strategies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t see anything of interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37