Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Associate Art Director, DigitalLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as an Associate Art Director, Digital.
The Associate Art Director, Digital will be responsible for developing and executing design, photography and video concepts for creative applications across channels. This role will partner with internal teams to deliver interactive, brand elevated user experiences that create engagement and conversion.
What you'll do...
- Support key creative development projects with a primary focus on paid media and owned social channels.
- Create innovative images, GIFs, and videos for brand, web, and social channels.
- Work closely with Senior Art Director to conceptualize the look and feel for seasonal campaigns and promotions and lead digital design projects from inception to launch.
- Direct photo and video teams on set, both in photo studio and on location.
- Work closely with the Social Media team to sculpt the look and feel of our digital presence.
- Present storyboards and ideas to the broader team for approval.
- Build shot lists and assist with asset management and organizing footage, catalog merchandise used in shoots, and tag images accordingly.
- Stay current on industry trends, share learnings with creative team, pull inspiration and examples from multiple sources to inform projects.
- Collaborate with internal teams to support multi-channel initiatives.
What you'll bring...
- Must provide a link to portfolio (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience; retail industry a plus
- Proficient skills in Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, and other internal tools
- Formal design skills and proven passion for typography, composition, color, and layout
- Experienced in creating engaging visuals for digital channels
- Strong understanding of studio, product, and editorial photography
- Well versed in social media specifications and requirements
- Experience with directing both photo and video a plus
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to give and receive effective critique of visual design work
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Thorough, organized, and detail oriented
- Interest in fashion, art, and pop culture
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37