Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Associate Product MerchantLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as an Associate Product Merchant.
The the Associate Product Merchant - Furniture is accountable for managing the required steps for product category assortment, by developing and refining existing product assortments, in partnership with the Divisional Merchandise Manager. In addition, the Associate Product Merchant manages business by working closely with the designer, vendor and agent partnerships in accordance with the sales, margin and turnover goals for the assigned product category, in collaboration with the DMM.
- Source, develop and assort new product through various channels, including factory visits, attending trade shows and working with agents, vendors and designers.
- Collaborate with the Senior PM and President to define product assortments and generate new product ideas.
- Own category business, product developments and lead style out presentations for categories.
- Oversee product development schedule, including testing, sample procurement and approval, and ensure product life cycle milestones are met in order for goods to ship on time.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with vendors, agents and designers to create and sustain business relationships and maintain their performance standards.
- Foster a collaborative and fun work environment within the Merchandising Department focused on distinctive product, achieving results and an engaged customer experience.
- Partner with planner to analyze sales information in order to identify opportunities to expand and contract product categories in order to increase sales and margins.
- Negotiate product costs, terms, etc.
- Conduct competitive intelligence and use information to identify opportunities and challenges for in-season business and future seasons.
- Participate in trend meetings, contribute to shaping CB2 future trends and color stories.
- Focus on and uphold quality construction and details in accordance with the brand standards.
- Ensure product assortment has a mix of price tiers, aesthetic variety and materials.
- 3+ years retail merchandising experience or related area
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for the CB2 brand
- Highly creative with ability to identify and react to trends
- Possess an understanding of buying plans and processes
- Strong financial acumen and experience with negotiations
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Highly collaborative
- Strong attention to detail
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37