Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Associate Sourcing ManagerLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited, and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as an Associate Sourcing Manager.
The Associate Sourcing Manager is accountable for guiding and supporting the CB2 Merchandising teams in sourcing and regulatory strategies that are in alignment with our parent company, Crate and Barrel Holdings. This role establishes and cultivates relationships with merchandising, vendors and agents, as well as our business partners at Crate and Barrel. The Associate Sourcing Manager will facilitate and ensure execution of operational business goals.
- Partner with Merchants in execution of product development and sourcing strategies.
- Establish strong cross-functional relationships with business partners at CB2 and Crate and Barrel to lead execution of corporate sourcing directives.
- Support the Merchandising teams in the development process with construction and manufacturing.
- Stay on top of current trends and requirements for sourcing, manufacturing and product regulations.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding product testing, quality requirements, federal regulations and manufacturing techniques as applicable to the position.
- Utilize vendor matrix to support product development and buying strategies for CB2, and work with Merchants and sourcing agents to find suppliers in new and existing markets.
- Manage large scale projects that may cross over multiple teams and sourcing partners.
- Partner with and assist the Merchandising team on products and projects such as cost negotiations, re-sourcing, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Participate and be knowledgeable in Vendor onboarding and Vendor Operations.
- Attend trade shows and identify new sourcing partners. Assess capabilities of new suppliers and provide recommendations.
- Assess and analyze vendor capacities and partner with Planning to establish projections and forecasts.
- Maintain a close working partnership with Merchants, Planning and Quality & Compliance.
- Assist Merchants in any quality issues or product improvements as they arise.
- Assess and analyze sourcing partner performance and spearhead any corrective action required.
- Be the expert on implementing Corporate Social Responsibility directives into our brand and products.
- Minimum 5 years in a Sourcing or Product Development Role in the home industry, with an emphasis in furniture strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field required
- Domestic and international travel up to 20% required
- Excellent reading and written language skills (English), international business experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain strong partnerships established over 20 years at CB2 and 40+ years at Crate and Barrel
- Strong foundational knowledge of retail math and proficiency in excel
- Effective email, telephone and video communication with overseas partners as needed
- Self-starter and ability to work in an ever changing environment
- Ability to manage a timeline and action calendar
- Knowledge of sourcing capabilities by country / region throughout the world
- Subject matter expert in furniture construction and manufacturing techniques and processes
- Strong knowledge of federal requirements and regulations for home products
- Extensive experience with product quality testing and requirements
- Detail oriented
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37