Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
CopywriterLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Copywriter.
The Copywriter will be responsible for creating disruptive brand-building marketing concepts and copy in the unique CB2 voice for all marketing audiences and channels with a focus on email and social.
A day in the life as a Copywriter…
- Create innovative content for email, social media and other brand initiatives
- Create and collaborate on copy and content for seasonal campaigns and design collaborations
- Develop inspirational content for stores including windows, seasonal initiatives and events
- Collaborate with omni-channel partners across store, print, social, and digital
- Collaborate with omni-channel partners to develop paid and organic social content, including videos
- Consistently help push creative and bring innovative opportunities to the brand
- Be able to easily switch back and forth between email and social channels
What you’ll bring to the table…
- A hybrid creative writer, innovative thinker and smart marketer
- A special way with words that is warm, witty and natural
- A team player who enjoys collaborating but can work independently
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling ideas/content
- Demonstrate understanding of writing nuances between channels: social, print, digital advertising
- Actively engaged in social media with passion for home design, fashion, trends and culture
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and manage multiple deadlines at once
- A strong sensibility for graphic design
- Strong communication skills
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Must provide a link to portfolio demonstrating smart copywriting (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- 5 years professional creative writing experience in advertising, retail, print, eComm or related fields
- BA in Journalism or English
- Experience with home, fashion or lifestyle brand or publication (print and/or digital) preferred
- Fluent in AP style
- Familiarity with InDesign
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.cb2.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37