Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Customer Analytics AnalystLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Customer Analytics Analyst.
The Customer Analytics Analyst will use deep knowledge of advanced analytics and strong data science background to develop the framework used to analyze and improve customer acquisition and retention. They will focus on leveraging machine learning and AI techniques to improve marketing program/channel effectiveness,manage projects, and influence others in the delivery of high quality results.
- In partnership with the Senior Manager, Customer Analytics, serve as the subject matter expert and enterprise resource for analyzing, synthesizing and communicating customer development and customer insights throughout the organization.
- Develop and manage enterprise level customer analytical framework using dashboard and visualization tools to empower business partners.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop action plans and translate insights into business actions that drive performance.
- Work with the analytics team create marketing initiatives and projects to enrich customer data and better understand CB2 customers, including, but not limited to demographics, preferences, behaviors, digital engagement, etc.
- Identify opportunities to use machine learning to improve effectiveness of marketing programs/channels, such as product recommendations, marketing mix modeling, and multi-touch attribution etc.
- Create compelling business cases and recommendations that drive action and support business decisions through the effective use of data.
- Build advanced models using XGBoost, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow etc. to improve existing model performance.
- Enable self-service analytics through data visualization tools and provide accurate and dynamic insights for internal customers.
- Proactively present insights and think of new ways to analyze customer data.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics); Master's preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in data analytics
- Experience in developing interactive dashboards for business partners, preferred on Tableau, Power BI, or Datastudio/Looker
- Experience in building advanced models to improve marketing channel performance, including, but not limited to, decision tree, logistic regression, deep neural network, XGBoost, or Tensorflow etc, prefered on Python or Google cloud ML/AI platform
- Experience in Cloud Databases, preferably Big Query
- Modeling experience in visual AI, recommendations AI is a plus
- Modeling experience in marketing mix modeling or attribution is a plus
- Google cloud platform experience is a plus
- Project leadership from start to finish and proven ability to maintain momentum
- Experience with Customer data (demographics, identity etc) preferred
- Ability to frame business problems into analytical outputs and translate back to business needs
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries to manipulate and prepare large dataset
- Knowledge of cloud environment and functionalities
- In depth knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence, especially in propensity model, product recommendations, image recognition, segmentation etc
- Knowledge of A/B testing and multivariate testing
- Proficient in Python, R or SAS
- Developer skills in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Datastudio or Looker
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven project leadership expertise and independent decision making
- Ability to present technical concept/analysis to non-technical audience
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37