Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Designer, Digital MarketingLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Designer, Digital Marketing.
The ideal candidate will have an impeccable eye, a passion for design and a desire to push creative boundaries. While the primary focus will be on email marketing and e-commerce, the role will span across all marketing channels, with the opportunity to work on product launches, photoshoots and store openings.
What you'll do...
- Create elevated email designs that are customer-focused and support the creative/business strategy.
- Assist the Senior Art Director on design, presentation and photography concepts for email and digital creative.
- Assist in planning and supporting photography art direction.
- Define and deliver email designs that drive sales and engagement.
- Collaborate with Production Designer on final design executions.
- Collaborate with design leads and external teams to ensure new campaigns are produced at standards that uphold/elevate the company’s brand identity.
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact daily with internal teams on email and other digital marketing initiatives, as appropriate.
- Consistently approach design projects from a user-centered perspective.
- Ability to design solutions that bridge customer and business needs
- Manage projects while working within schedule requirements.
- Direct the Production Designer to make creative edits through buyer review.
- Review HTML Proofs (final design/rendering check).
- Manage asset requests.
What you'll bring...
- Must provide a link to portfolio (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- 3+ years of relevant experience; familiarity with retail industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in design preferred
- Strong typography skills
- Extensive knowledge of graphic design including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience in designing specifically for the email channel and possess a complete understanding of email design best practices
- Experience with animation and motion graphics
- Social media savvy with an innate interest in modern culture and trends
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present work with clear rationale behind design decision making
- Clear and concise written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills; capable to manage multiple projects and meet all necessary deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptiveness
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37