Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Director, Merchandise PlanningLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Director, Merchandise Planning.
The Director of Merchandise Planning is responsible for driving and managing merchandise and financial plans, and inventory optimization across all channels. This position will drive the strategic framework supporting the forecasting of sales, promotions, markdowns, receipt flow and inventory levels on a regular basis and identify risks to the business and develop strategies and action plans in cooperation with merchandising and cross functional partners to mitigate risks profitably.
- Develop, execute, and communicate pre-season and in-season financial plans, merchandise plans, and strategies to support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of CB2.
- Develop strategies, create a framework to lead the merchandise planning team to maximize revenue, gross margin, inventory turn goals and EBIT across stores and Ecommerce.
- Responsible for strategic ownership of multi-channel allocation effectiveness, as well as improvements in store performance and productivity.
- Guide team in the analysis of monthly open to buy and financial sales, in-season product performance reviews and CB2 brand monthly business reviews.
- Accountable to and manage item planning and forecasting for ordering, receipt flow, allocation and other cross-functional needs, including key item management and reaction to business trends and risk assessment.
- Lead and develop team to utilize historical data and current trends, to capitalize on new opportunities and identify risks
- Build and execute long-term and financially sound assortment plans and growth strategies in partnership with divisional merchandising managers.
- Liaise with marketing, stores, and eCommerce to create and execute brand wide merchandise promotional strategy to drive sales while maximizing gross margin.
- Lead cross functionally with DPMs, DMMs and Associate Director Strategic Operations to create consistency and strong operational processes across all merchandising functions to manage critical deadlines, coding, hunt paths and product lead times.
- Present and give executive level recommendations to President, Leadership team on business results and strategy
- Work closely with Crate and Barrel cross functional leaders and business partners on process, systems, sourcing, supply chain, etc as needed to drive CBH efficiencies and effective inventory management.
- Inspire, coach, develop and manage the planning and allocation team.
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years retail planning experience, with a minimum of 7 years as a people manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Strong financial and planning acumen and experience in developing strategy and presenting data and analysis
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers, cross functional partners, and executive/senior leaders
- Superior leadership and communication skills- to communicate high level vision to senior management as well as tactical direction to the teams
- Strong ability to prioritize and focus on only key initiatives to drive the business
- Demonstrated ability to approach opportunities with a problem-solving mindset
- Strong change management skills and experience
- Ability to make final decisions that impact the effectiveness of the team
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37