Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Interactive Web DesignerLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited, and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as an Interactive Web Designer.
This role executes designs and coding for web-based brand contents and digital interfaces that support CB2 brand and marketing initiatives for CB2.com and other digital experiences. The Interactive Web Designer uses content management systems to build and launch content to meet seasonal and promotional calendars, and ensures interactive digital solutions are customer-focused, intuitive, accessible, and meet all brand standards.
- Create visual assets and execute visual designs for brand/marketing banners, landing pages and other website elements.
- Work in CMS to build and launch day to day content and promotional messages to website and other digital experiences.
- Execute work schedules in a timely fashion with internal and external project teams.
- Create and develop eCommerce interactions. Manage interactive design implementation to take advantage of digital medium to create motion and interactivity.
- Lead custom CMS implementation and optimization, as well as module/template development using Handlebars.js.
- Monitor and improve site speed, performance, and web accessibility.
- 2+ years designing and building websites
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required (Design, Visual Communication, or Computer Science preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of MacOS required
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (LESS or SASS)
- Understanding of web accessibility WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, and other prototyping tools a plus
- Familiarity with website content management tools
- Excellent visual design skills (typography, layout, color, interaction, motion etc.) with an ability to design solutions that bridge customer and business needs
- Ability to build responsive, cross-browser, highly-performant, and accessible applications
- Strong communication skills - including ability to present work with clear rationale behind solution, clear and concise written communication, and good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated and to implement design and coding independently when needed
- Strong project management skills - able to manage multiple projects and meet all necessary deadlines
- Demonstrate adaptability to thrive in a fast paced, changing retail environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment with business stakeholders, IT and other designers
- Detailed oriented, with a keen eye for design elements
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37