Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Merchandising AssistantLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Merchandising Assistant in our Merchandising Department.
The position of Merchandising Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support within the merchandising team. Day to day tasks include working with Product Merchants, Product Merchant Assistants and Planning teams with both short term and long term projects, providing direction to partners and all channels for a variety of tasks. They will be responsible for making sure these projects are handled in a clear, efficient way for the brand.
What you'll do...
- Manage all aspects of purchase orders, including daily maintenance, updating and tracking.
- Manage and enter retails for clearance and promotions.
- Act as the liaison between the Merchandising team and vendors regarding sample maintenance and tracking.
- Work with the planning team in managing the shipment, delivery and tracking of products.
- Foster a collaborative and fun work environment within the Merchandising Department focused on distinctive product and an engaged customer experience.
- Collaborate with vendors and the Global Partner Operations team on barcode compliance and resolving barcode issues.
- Work with the merchandising team, vendors and distribution centers to resolve shipping/receiving discrepancies.
- Work with discrepancy reports and various departments to resolve invoicing issues in order to process and initiate charge-backs for discrepancies, as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain EMMA messaging through consistent and timely communication with vendors.
- Support product manager and product manager assistant with product style-out preparation.
- Work with the planning team to generate weekly and monthly sales and inventory reports.
- Assist the product manager assistant with maintaining data in the assortment plan, catalog lists, new product lists and in the Virtual Ticket database.
- Assist PM and PMA with approval of samples for photography and production.
- Monitor e-commerce site for assortment flow, product images and selling information.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor's Degree required, retail or related study preferred
- 1-2 years of experience as a Merchandise Assistant or equivalent
- 1 year post graduation retail store or equivalent experience preferred; merchandising sales leadership a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, as well as powerpoint
- Previous experience in retail or other fashion-related, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong prioritizing / organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player with leadership spirit, proactive approach and capable of working independently
- Excellent data entry and accuracy skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37