Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Merchandising Operations ManagerLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Merchandising Operations Manager.
This position leads cross-functional projects that enable efficiency and effectiveness of merchant processes, programs and team workflow. The Merchandising Operations Manager drives results for continuous improvement, data integrity and best practices in Merchandising Operations.
- Proactively manage merchandising process, systems and tools to develop process improvements and support efficient workflow. Communicate standard procedures and expectations, including monthly, quarterly and annual reviews.
- Create, maintain and publish user and training documentation for all new and existing item management processes.
- Set up and maintain seasonal operational and item maintenance functions for merchandising.
- Lead business ownership and expertise in merchandising reporting, system and processes including ongoing development and documentation of best practices.
- Project manager for cross-functional merchandising and strategic projects as needed to support business development opportunities by creating and executing timeline and action plans while insuring that intended outcomes of projects are met.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in a timely manner through maintaining and communicating regular project progress updates and by satisfying key business expectations.
- Complete successful hand off of a program to the business including support for change management and long term process changes.
- Represent CB2 in company initiatives and projects across business areas including marketing, merchandising, operations, supply chain, IT.
- Collaborate and lend operational support on Retail Ops and Marketing projects that bridges merchandising.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 3 years retail experience required
- Previous supervisory or project management and leadership experience preferred
- Strong communication skills including the ability to tailor the delivery of complicated information to all organizational levels and professional backgrounds
- Proven ability to build rapport and establish credibility and trust
- Ability to comfortably work in an iterative/collaborative environment and facilitate collaborative decision making
- Ability to take initiative, leveraging understanding of business processes and objectives
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities of the organization, acting as a change agent and role model for others
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and ability to shift and prioritize work to meet key deadlines
- Possess a complete understanding of merchandising processes, procedures and systems
- Possess ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to presentation skills
- Provide strong CB2 representation and have comfort with being only brand representative on CBH projects
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t see anything of interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37