Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
PlannerLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Planner for the decor, hardware, and storage categories.
This position plans and coordinates inventory to maximize company sales growth and profitability by working closely with the Senior Planning Manager and merchandising team on designing and implementing thoughtful inventory strategies that promotes profitable sales growth and satisfy customer demand. The Planner assists in achieving objectives of the planning team by executing all planning functions which include inventory allocation, forecasting and seasonal assortment, and financial planning.
A day in the life as a Planner...
- Manage inventory strategy for product category including new product buys, reorders and markdowns
- Develop pre-season plans in coordination with department and company targets
- Forecast sales, margin and inventory at a category level based on changes in trend strategy or business climate
- Lead monthly business review to determine actions that will optimize sales and gross margin
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies
- Drive item planning and forecasting for ordering, allocation and cross-functional need
- Work with Planning team to develop item placement strategies (i.e. marketing exposure, store placement, and online only merchandise)
- Maximize sales and margin through category promotions
- Manage category planning operations
What you'll bring to the table...
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail orientation, organizational skills, and ability to multitask and prioritize based on business needs
- A focus on collaboration and team-oriented working style
- Strong communication skills that foster credibility at all levels of the organization
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- 2+ years merchandise planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (VLOOKUP, PivotTable)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.cb2.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37