Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Product Merchant AssistantLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Product Merchant Assistant.
Partners with Product Merchant or Associate Product Merchant and cross-functional departments to maximize company sales growth and profitability by executing assortment strategy, product development and fostering vendor relationships.
- Execute all operational aspects of category product management in collaboration with cross-functional departments, including day-to-day priorities defined by Product Merchant.
- Negotiate on behalf of the company with vendors on terms of business, such as initial shipment details, payment terms and quality issues, in conjunction with the Product Merchant.
- Central point of contact for issues outside the team’s scope of work involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues for stores and cross-functional departments.
- Efficiently meet deadlines for the catalog merchandising schedule, including sample management and verifying product information.
- Manage the Merchandising Assistant, alongside the Product Merchant, on maintenance of accurate vendor information.
- Prepare and execute product style-out presentation and assortment plans.
- Prepare merchandise presentations and present new and seasonal product in Marketing, eCommerce, as well as store training videos.
- Possess a complete knowledge of all products currently in the assigned product assortment.
- Accurately verify and retrieve data for seasonal merchandise outlines and new product listings.
- Contribute in class and SKU level sales meetings.
- Participate in product development process as directed by Product Merchant or Associate Product Merchant.
- Minimum one year of retail merchandising experience
- Proficiency or Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google for Work
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to communicate credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization and with global business partners
- Detail oriented, organized, strong ability to multi-task
- Comfort with working autonomously
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37