Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Senior Analyst, Customer AnalyticsLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Senior Analyst, Customer Analytics in our Marketing team.
The Senior Analyst will use their deep knowledge of data mining, advanced analytics, and familiarity with data science concepts/principles to support and refine the measurement framework used to maintain operational reporting, analyze and improve customer acquisition and retention. They will focus on leveraging advanced analytics techniques to improve marketing program/channel effectiveness, manage projects, and influence others in the delivery of high quality results. They will also be asked to use historical data to understand trends and drivers of past performance providing actionable insights to answer business questions and identify future opportunities.
What you'll do...
- Serve as the subject matter expert and enterprise resource for analyzing, synthesizing and communicating customer development, customer insights, and thought leadership throughout the organization.
- Develop, manage, communicate, and leverage enterprise level customer analytical framework using dashboard and visualization tools to empower business partners.
- Execute marketing initiatives and projects to enrich customer data and better understand Crate customers, including, but not limited to demographics, preferences, behaviors, digital engagement etc.
- Translate these diagnostic analysis to find actionable insights. Work with cross functional teams to develop strategic business actions and decisions using these insights that will drive strong performance.
- In coordination with the centralized data science team, identify opportunities and develop machine learning models to improve effectiveness of marketing programs/channels.
- Act as the internal brand liaison for these models and counsel on strategies to support business challenges/opportunities.
- Enable self-service analytics through data visualization tools and provide accurate and dynamic insights for internal customers.
- Proactively present insights and think of new ways to analyze customer data.
- Build and maintain models (customer segmentation, propensity, customer churn, etc...) to help create a better marketing experience for our customers.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s degree (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics is preferred) Masters with an analytical focus is a plus
- 2+ years previous experience in developing analytical framework to analyze complex business problems and using analytics to drive business results
- 2+ years of SQL experience to transform, manipulate and analyze data
- 2+ years previous experience in developing interactive dashboards for business partners, preferred on Tableau, Power BI,Data Studio or Looker
- Experience in Cloud Databases, preferably BigQuery
Project leadership from start to finish and proven ability to maintain momentum
- Experience with customer data (demographics, identity, etc.) preferred
- Modeling experience in machine learning, marketing mix modeling and/or attribution is a plus
- Ability to frame business problems into analytical outputs and translate back to business needs
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries to manipulate and prepare large datasets
- Knowledge of cloud environment and functionalities
- Knowledge of A/B testing and multivariate testing
- Developer skills in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Datastudio or Looker
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven project leadership expertise and independent decision making
- Ability to present technical concept/analysis to non-technical audience
- Experience in Python or R
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37