Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Senior Human Resources Business PartnerLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Senior Human Resources Business Partner.
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, leads human resources initiatives and functions for CB2 (stores and corporate) and the Photo Studio by effectively planning, creating, and executing human resources strategies and partnering and supporting assigned leadership teams in order to drive sustained results and excellence.
- Lead and execute strategic human resource initiatives that are in-line with business objectives to drive results while ensuring alignment with corporate direction, strategic initiatives and human resources best practices (e.g., talent acquisition, development and training; associate engagement; succession planning; performance management; legal/regulatory compliance; compensation, safety and benefit policies and practices).
- Partner with leadership team to assess human resources needs that will help drive business results and proactively recommend solutions to both the business, the HR Director, and the Human Resources Centers of Excellence (HR COEs).
- Collaborate with the HR COEs and store leadership teams to develop and maintain human resources-related processes and metrics that drive results and effectively address the needs and concerns of the stores organization.
- Support the development and maintenance of a talent strategy and performance-oriented culture by communicating, teaching, influencing, and supporting the execution of consistent processes and routines around talent assessment, succession planning, recognition, and performance management.
- Partner with the leadership team regarding associate and management development needs, identifying and facilitating activities to improve skills, encourage career development and build bench strength.
- Provide expertise and guidance in situations involving associate relations, unemployment, compliance, safety, compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, and workers’ compensation in partnership with the HR COEs to reinforce a culture of compliance and safety, provide consistency, and take smart risks that are compliant with pertinent HR-related laws and regulations.
- Translate broad, longer-term vision and objectives into specific milestones and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years human resources business partner or relevant leadership experience, human resources experience in corporate or retail industry preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% required
- Knowledge of relevant human resources-related laws and regulations and the ability to conduct or assist with investigations, maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Knowledge of human resources best practices (e.g., talent recruitment, development and training; associate engagement; succession planning; performance management) and strong ability to assess the skills, abilities, knowledge, performance and potential of others to influence effective succession planning and recruiting and create a pipeline of talent
- Ability to view the business broadly and connect business and human resources goals to help drive best-in-class stores
- Ability to assess a situation and adapt communication appropriately to ensure effective delivery to associates at all levels (associates in stores and at corporate; and area, regional, and departmental leadership)
- Ability to utilize strategic thinking and past learnings to anticipate potential issues and the ripple effect of decisions, determine reasonable solutions to problems, and build flexible and realistic action plans to drive improvement
- Demonstrate a focus on continuous learning and an ability to effectively teach, coach, build relationships and influence others in order to motivate and gain appropriate buy-in to drive results
- Ability to be an agent of change to influence teams to shift quickly as our business evolves
- Ability to take initiative, manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize as needed, and act with urgency, agility, efficiency, and effectiveness in total work approach
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t see anything of interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37