Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Senior Manager, Customer AnalyticsLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Senior Manager, Customer Analytics.
The Senior Manager, Customer Analytics will help maximizes company sales growth and profitability through the effective use of customer database, external data and reporting applications. They will provide both quantitative and qualitative customer experience analysis and actionable insights to all major function areas of the CB2 brand.
- Lead and be the subject matter expert and enterprise resource for analyzing, synthesizing and communicating customer insights and development throughout the organization.
- Lead and support the growth trajectory of the business with advanced modeling and statistical support including sales response, segmentation, customer acquisition/retention, and customer lifetime value.
- Provide thought leadership on leveraging analytics to assess strategies and action plans for key business opportunities, problems or questions.
- Drive and evangelize key performance indicators and success metrics to inform, measure and optimize marketing strategy and execution.
- Lead a team of analysts to develop sophisticated analytics solutions, data-driven insights, reporting and data visualization to support business stakeholders.
- Lead projects that increase the department’s technical capabilities, improve data structures and/or data integrity, and promote new strategic efforts as defined by the company’s senior management team.
- Collaborate with internal and external vendors to provide analytical services and insights to marketing teams.
- Develop and manage ongoing dashboards and reports to support ongoing business operations.
- Develop, maintain and manage existing and future statistical models used by the marketing department.
- Lead and participate in the daily operations of the Customer Analytics team, including the review of data integrity audits, database update schedules, data exchanges with vendors and data enhancements.
- Lead the creation and presentation to key audiences of compelling business cases and recommendations that drive action and support business decisions through the effective use of data.
- Proactively identify business issues, develop creative solutions and present insights.
- Champion the customer centric approach by partnering with executive leadership and cross functional partners by providing them with the necessary data and insight to consistently measure our products, processes and experiences.
- Coach and partner with business associates to continually use data for building effective plans to grow the business.
- Experience in bringing together disparate data sources to inform central business questions.
- Define, create, maintain, and analyze reports produced by customer analytics and review and analyze data provided by vendors who support customer analytics.
- Study and detect trends and articulate through reporting.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive information and key industry trends to provide context for the performance analysis of the company’s websites.
- Prioritize work and present analyses that lead to business decisions that drive profitable growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), marketing, statistics, business or related field
- 5+ years previous experience in retail, eCommerce, digital media or equivalent; experience developing analytical framework to analyze complex business problems and using analytics to drive business results
- 5+ years experience in developing interactive dashboards for business partners, preferred on Tableau, Power BI, or Datasudio/Looker
- 5+ years previously experience in building advances models to improve marketing channel performance, including but not limited to decision tree, logistic regression, deep neural network, XGBoost or Tensorflow, preferred on Python or Google Cloud ML/AI platform
- High level of proficiency with SQL, SAS Previous Experience; Tableau, Python or R a plus
- Experienced in Cloud Databases, preferably Big Query
- In depth knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence, especially in propensity models, segmentation, product recommendations and image recognition
- Modeling experience in visual AI; recommendations AI is a plus
- Modeling experience in marketing mix modeling or attribution is a plus
- Excellent quantitative skills, excellent analytical skills (including regression analysis and predictive modeling)
- Firm knowledge of crucial business practices, including analysis, auditing, reconciliation and producing finished products that can be used by management
- Strong critical thinker, ability to frame business problems into analytical outputs and translate into actionable insights
- Strong analytic skills and ability to learn new concepts and software applications quickly and efficiently
- Strong people leader with executive presence
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of business and technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment, serving and managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37