Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Senior Packaging/Print Production ArtistLocation: Chicago, Illinois
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is a committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join our Creative department as a Senior Packaging/Print Production Artist.
The primary focus of this position will be packaging, supporting and overseeing all aspects of production to ensure that the creative concept passed from the design team is executed to brand standards. The Senior Packaging/Print Production Artist works in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders to track, process and release complete and accurate art files to vendors resulting in quality deliverables.
- Partner with the Design team to complete final art files for release.
- Prepare editorial content, images, color, and layouts to route for approval. Implement all edits, create files for release, and approve printer proofs.
- Travel 1-2 days a month to oversee press checks.
- Interpret rough sketches and verbal direction from designers to create presentation quality comps, when required.
- Create and maintain electronic and physical archives.
- Train full-time and freelance design and production associates in production procedures and standards, when required.
- 5+ years previous experience in electronic print preparation, production and/or design
- Extensive packaging design experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training required
- Ability to work independently with little direction on recurring projects
- Proficient in Macintosh OSX platform software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficient in Google Mail, Docs, and Drive as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience using Opal preferred
- Experience working with vendors across the globe preferred
- Extensive knowledge of prepress, printing processes, graphic design practices and procedures
- Strong color matching abilities and press check experience
- Ability to accurately communicate a visual language via email and verbal messages
- Detailed oriented, with a keen eye for aesthetic quality to successfully guide and move forward multiple projects at one time
- Possess organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, respectfully, and efficiently in order to contribute to a high performing team
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37