Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Design SpecialistLocation: Los Angeles, California
Maximize company sales growth and profitability through the use of design expertise, teamwork, customer service and creative selling in order to deliver an inspirational experience to every customer, every time.
What you'll do:
- Lead the integration and introduction of elevated design offerings in the store and with local business and designers.
- Possess a clear understanding of the CB2 visual merchandising concepts per the core visual standards.
- Support and maintain store sales and service goals and standards as communicated by the store manager.
- Maintain a strong, visible and positive presence on the sales floor. Demonstrate and model store sales and service etiquette guidelines.
- Develop, share, and apply product expertise by staying informed with the marketplace and industry trends.
- Ensure full understanding and awareness of all current product and product information, characteristics and care information.
- Build and maintain a strong network of clients, including customers, businesses, and designers.
- Maintain flexibility with schedule to meet the needs of the team and overall business.
- Actively listen to the customer to best identify which products will best meet their needs and communicate company loyalty services, when applicable. (e.g. designer rewards Design Trade Program, CB2 credit card and gift registry).
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm both in-store and potentially in a customer’s home, ensuring all customers are provided gracious, quick, and efficient service.
What you'll bring:
- Complete understanding of necessary design functions including spatial planning, color theory and selection, fabric selection, lighting, interior design styles and history
- Excellent, effective, and timely communication skills and the ability to translate the brand vision of CB2 and the customers wants/needs
- Ability to stay up to date on current design trends
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Physical and Visual Activities**
On a daily basis, must be able to constantly have visual acuity near and far, stand, operate computers/POS/office equipment, move around the facility and communicate. Ability to frequently handle paperwork and/or remain stationary. May occasionally lift, carry, reach, kneel, crawl, push/pull, climb, balance, bend, crouch, twist or have foot controls for operating equipment.
Movement of product, supplies and/or boxes to and from all levels of the store and stockroom. Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet; heavier product with team assist. Furniture: Ability to move up to 300 lbs with appropriate equipment.
Hot/cold temperature changes, concrete floors, odors, dust and mechanical/electrical/chemical hazards possible.
**In accordance with applicable law, associates will be provided with reasonable accommodations as necessary and appropriate to perform the position’s requirements.
NOTE: The KRAs and other aspects of the job listed on this job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37