Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Team Leader, SalesLocation: New York, New York
Your upbeat attitude and ability to engage customers keeps the sales floor energized and Sales Associates motivated. Under the direction of the Assistant Store Manager, Sales you lead your team to meet daily sales goals - and exceed customer expectations. With a constant eye on the sales floor, you adjust staffing as needed to be sure every customer gets personal attention. You're a mentor. You coach and develop creative ways to encourage your team to meet sales goals and turn out a top-notch performance every day. You provide productive feedback and thoughtful guidance to Sales Associates, grooming them for advancement on the sales team.
What you'll do:
- Lead and model company core selling and customer service standards.
- Accountable for achieving sales goals and customer service standards by holding sales, customer service and stock associates and Managers on Duty (MODs) accountable for brand goals and standards.
- Train and develop associates on product knowledge, selling, customer service, operations, visual merchandising, policies and procedures, as applicable, in partnership with the Assistant Manager.
- Lead and manage associate workload in partnership with the Assistant Manager.
- In coordination with the Assistant Manager, support all aspects of performance and development for designated associates to encourage professional growth and goal achievement.
- Provide specific and timely feedback about performance directly to associates and share observations with the management team.
- Communicate regularly with the Assistant Manager to review business results, execution of plans/strategies, customer feedback and associate performance.
- Coach associates on exceptional and opportunity performance and maintain a strong visible presence on the salesfloor.
- Demonstrate an understanding of CB2 visual merchandising standards by maintaining all store displays, features and uprights.
- Learn and exhibit competency in all front/back of house processes and standards.
What you'll bring:
- Excellent reading and written language skills (English)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong proactive problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to set expectations and hold others accountable
- Strong delegation skills in support of execution and driving results
- Proven ability to build a culture focused on success and teamwork
- 2+ years customer service or retail leadership experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google applications, computer systems and tablet devices
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.cb2.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37