Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Store ManagerLocation: Paramus, New Jersey
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Store Manager.
Inspiring, confident, and ambitious, Store Managers are the leaders of our stores. Your strategic thinking, passion for retail and home design, and your ability to connect with people will help you to excel in this role. As Store Manager, you will lead and empower associates in achieving sales goals and creating an exceptional store experience. You coach and mentor associates to develop their talents and thrive in change, think big and strive toward career advancement opportunities. An excellent communicator, you steer the company vision and share business goals with your team.
What you'll do:
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by overseeing all activities affecting the store personnel and operations, including sales, customer service, merchandising, display and design.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages growth for all associates.
- Delegate, supervise and manage leadership responsibilities in the store. Act as the lead merchant for the store, with assistance from the designer, assistant manager and floor managers.
- Manage and coach all associates on setting and maintaining sales and service goals and standards.
- Develop and execute the store vision and goals.
- Maintain, enforce and supervise merchandising standards with regard to selling, stocking, cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and catalogues, and communicate all pertinent information to store associates.
- Maximize effective sales floor coverage with regard to scheduling, budgeting and appropriate staffing.
- In coordination with the area manager, develop the store, sales and payroll budgets.
- Manage all aspects of bi-annual inventory and analyze results.
- Oversee store maintenance and associate training regarding cleanliness of facilities and work place safety.
- Promote and drive sales through effective associate training and development, customer service, inventory control and the management of design and displays.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of the store management team to encourage professional growth.
- Manage the recruitment/hiring, promotion, disciplinary and termination process for all store associates.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates in both written and verbal form.
- Conduct weekly meetings regarding customer issues, product trends, associate performance and other customer service issues with appropriate associates at store, area and corporate office locations.
What you'll bring:
- 2 plus years retail management experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word.Excel), Google platform
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Basic math
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37