Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Assistant Store Manager, Operations and VisualLocation: San Jose, California
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Assistant Store Manager, Operations and Visual.
You are our merchandising visionary, the leader of our back-of-house operations, and on the one that creates the modern look of our stores. Under the direction of the Store Manager, you lead the team to set the stage for all store activities through an organized storeroom and accurate inventory. Both creative and strategic, you have a passion for logistics and an energetic attitude to plan and communicate the overall merchandise design vision. From seasonal floor plans to daily visual displays, you lead, direct and delegate the flow of product from receiving to the sales floor. Mentorship is also key. You lead, educate and empower your team to deliver great service to their internal and external customer, communicate a strong visual message and encourage professional development.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the Store Manager to establish, communicate, execute critical brand business goals and expectations in regards to Sales, Operations, Visual, HR, Payroll/Scheduling, Training, Safety and Asset Protection.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, analyze reporting (Daily, Weekly and Monthly Quarterly, YTD) and use gathered information to prioritize initiatives and workloads to maximize sales, profitability, customer and team experience
- Conduct and/or facilitate weekly merchandising walk-throughs of the sales floor and back of house with management staff and appropriate sales associates
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent. Lead by example, as an MOD, and through the development of direct reports
- Accountable for accurate inventory management and operational processes through ongoing routines, process and associate accountability
- Coordinate the process and timing of incoming and outgoing product flow including replenishment efficiencies from stocking directly from truck receiving
- Act as the primary point person for all facilities work in the building
- Maintain an awareness of asset protection, security and safety following the guidelines provided.
- Coordinate the execution of store displays, window changes, weekly merchandising plan and all other aspects of visual merchandising
- Detail the store floor plan in coordination with the Area Visual Merchant
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, communications, current marketing, promotions and catalogs, and communicate all pertinent information to store associates
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years customer service or retail leadership experience
- 3+ years customer service or retail leadership experience preferred
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google applications, computer systems and tablet devices
- Excellent reading and written language skills (English)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong proactive problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to set expectations and hold others accountable
- Strong delegation skills for driving execution and business results
- Proven ability to build a culture focused on success and teamwork
- Ability to work a full time flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to be in the store as the Manager on Duty multiple times per week as scheduled.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.cb2.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37