Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Senior Sales ConsultantLocation: Toronto, Canada
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Associate.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service through modeling behaviors
- Provide feedback, share observations, assessments and ongoing solutions with the Assistant Store Manager, Team Leader, or Senior Specialist (as applicable).
- Develop, teach, coach and train associates on customer service, selling skills, product knowledge, processes and best practices, as appropriate.
- Support and maintain store sales and service goals as communicated by the Assistant Store Manager, or Team Leader, or Senior Specialist
- Focus on promoting sales as they pertain to, or are driven by position/department to impact the total stores sales and profitability.
- Maintain awareness of all tools and resources applicable to the assigned area.
- Build rapport with customers by demonstrating product knowledge and the use of strong interpersonal skills
- Develop new and lasting relationships with customers through prospecting and clienteling
- Develop, share and apply product expertise by staying informed of the marketplace and industry trends
- Communicate regularly with the Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader to review business results.
- Possess a complete understanding and awareness of applicable company systems, policies and procedures including loss prevention, security and safety guidelines as outlined in the Crate and Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Reading and written language skills (English)
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to drive results
- Data entry skills
- Required to spend significant time on the sales floor, interacting with customers, observing day to day operations, coaching, and helping whenever and wherever needed.
- Ability to work a full time flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Majority of time in this role will be spent interacting with customers and associates in the store and ensuring that the store business is running smoothly.
- 1+ years customer service or retail experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google applications, computer systems and tablet devices
- 6+ months customer service or retail leadership experience preferred
- Experience in a professional selling environment preferred
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click jobs.cb2.com/benefits-canada.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable human rights legislation. Accommodations are available at all stages of the employment process.
CB2 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37