Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Assistant Store ManagerLocation: Vancouver, Canada
The CB2 Assistant Manager is our resident selling, merchandising, and operations expert. You are responsible for developing the staff, sharing our culture and teaching the values and standards that set us apart. Your freedom to make decisions develops your entrepreneurial skills, and your enthusiasm to teach and coach builds a committed team. Your development in this role will prepare you to run your own store as a Store Manager.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by coordinating and monitoring the workflow of all store associates.
- Assist the store manager in all aspects of their job and learn the responsibilities and functions of the position, while continuously striving toward the goal of becoming a store manager.
- Assume responsibilities of the store manager when required.
- Contribute to leadership responsibilities in the store as a member of the management team.
- Manage the business process on the sales floor and assist the store manager in maximizing sales floor coverage.
- Collaborate with all associates to create and maintain sales and service goals, and standards.
- Provide specific feedback about performance directly to associates, as well as share observations with the store manager.
- Actively contribute to the development and execution of the store vision and goals.
- Contribute to and assist in the implementation of the merchandising plan by meeting regularly with the store manager and visual merchandiser.
- Participate in seasonal floor planning and assist the visual merchandiser in the rollout of the merchandising plan.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of all displays and uprights/shelves and supervise associates in cleaning, stocking and signage assignments.
- Conduct and participate in the Monday morning walk-throughs.
- Maintain a strong, visible and positive presence in the store.
- Possess a complete understanding of all merchandise throughout the entire store.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and catalogues, and communicate all pertinent information to store associates.
- Manage all inventory levels and functions and coordinate all aspects of the bi-annual inventories.
- Assist the store manager with creating and maintaining the store budget, and achieve a thorough understanding of payroll and scheduling, as well as a strong awareness of controllable costs.
- Promote and drive sales through effective scheduling, associate training and development, customer service, inventory control and the management of design and displays.
- Analyze reporting and prepare information or explanation relating to or affecting sales, efficiencies, productivity and budgeting.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of store associates to encourage professional growth.
- Manage operational and personnel issues, being sensitive to issues that need to be addressed by the store manager.
- Train and develop all associates in all operations, selling and service skills, product knowledge and personal development using all training resources available.
- Manage the hiring process of associates, as directed by the store manager.
- Develop interviewing and performance appraisal skills.
- Effectively communicate and proactively problem solve.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the store management team regarding associate training needs, performance issues and the daily requests or concerns of associates.
- Conduct appropriate meetings and participate in planning and facilitating weekend meetings for all associates.
- Supervise, participate and assist in back of house meetings, as appropriate.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Previous retail management experience
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Basic math, interpersonal skills, telephone presence, data entry skills
- Organizational skills, problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Available to work some evenings and a weekend day
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable human rights legislation. Accommodations are available at all stages of the employment process.
CB2 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Don’t see anything of interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37