Not to brag, but we have the best employees in the world. Wanna join the team?
career opportunityapply now
Design ConsultantLocation: Vancouver, Canada
CB2 is transforming the perception of home design for today's modern consumer. Born out of Crate and Barrel, CB2 is committed to high-quality, sophisticated design at an approachable price. Located in downtown Chicago, CB2 offers an engaging, collaborative work environment. If you're creative, team spirited and have a passion for modern design, then join the team as a Design Consultant
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Design Consultant.
Design Consultants work with customers to help plan and design their spaces. Through elevated designs and delivering on the CB2 Experience (Be Positive. Inspiring. Finding a way), the Design Consultant will maximize company sales growth and profitability. Their expertise, teamwork, passion for design, use of the design tools and creative selling skills will help deliver an amazing experience for the customer.
A day in the life as a Design Consultant...
- Drive sales and a differentiated experience by providing enriching customer interactions, and providing elevated design offerings in the store and virtually with customers.
- Create elevated CB2 designs for customers using the preferred design tools to create moodboards, 2D floor plans, product lists, and style inspiration.
- Lead One on One Design consultations in person or via email, phone, and virtual design consults. Deliver projects in a timely manner and within determined timelines.
- Possess a clear understanding of the CB2 brand aesthetics and merchandising strategy by channel - Store, Online, Catalog.
- Deliver individual sales, KPI and service goals, productivity standards, and engage customers on the sales floor by demonstrating our four steps of selling, as communicated by the store manager.
- Stays informed with the marketplace and industry trends.
- Actively listen to the customer to best identify which products will best meet their needs and communicate company loyalty services, when applicable. (e.g. designer rewards Design Trade Program, CB2 credit card, and gift registry).
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm both in-store, virtually, and potentially in a customer’s home, ensuring all customers are provided gracious, quick, and efficient service.
What you’ll bring to the table...
- Understanding of basic design functions including spatial planning, fabric selection, lighting, interior design styles.
- Excellent, effective, and timely communication skills and the ability to translate the brand vision of CB2 and the customers’ wants/needs.
- Strong affinity for technology (2D and 3D tools, Google suite, video conferencing) and proficient in floor planning.
- Ability to stay up to date on current design trends
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- 1+ years of relevant experience in Furniture Sales/ Home Decor Design or retail/ customer service experienc
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.cb2.com/benefits
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable human rights legislation. Accommodations are available at all stages of the employment process.
CB2 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up
CB2 Corporate Careers 2:09
Why We Love Working in Retail: CB2 Careers 2:37